Mathew D. George
Matthew was born in
Kerala, India to a Christian family. He and his family moved to the US during his
childhood years. After attending the Philadelphia public schools, he graduated from
Valley Forge Christian College with a Bachelor in Religious Education in 2000. He
further studied at Palmer Theological Seminary and completed his Master of
Divinity in 2004 with a major in pastoral ministry. He has served in full-time
ministry since 2002 in various positions of leadership as lead pastor,
associate pastor, youth pastor, and as a hospice chaplain for the tri-county
region. He is an ordained bishop of the Church of God and currently serves as a
member of the state council of PA as well as the district overseer of the
Philadelphia metro district of the Church of God. His passion is to see people meet
Jesus, pursue Him with all their hearts, and become mature disciples who are committed to raising up more disciples for Jesus! He is married to his beautiful wife Jesly and they are blessed with 4 miracles: Nathan, Eden, Elizabeth (Triplets) and Bethany.
"Levittown Church of God exists to engage the residents of Levittown and surrounding towns with the message of the Gospel and lead them to be disciples of Jesus."
"Loving Jesus and serving His world"
Our Core Values
- Love Like Jesus: We choose to love one another as Christ has loved us.
- Serve our Community: We invest in serving our community in practical ways to point them to Jesus.
- Obey the Scriptures: We build our lives on the biblical world view with Christ at the center.
- Follow the Spirit: We hunger for a Spirt led, life changing experience every time we gather.
- Model Genuineness: We build genuine, authentic relationships in and through the church community.
All that we do flows from these statements above; If you desire to be part of something greater than yourself and make an impact in our community, you'll belong!
- Embrace Community: We love the people we get to serve with as the family of God. We embrace every person the Lord sends our way with genuine love and acceptance.
- Choose Commitment: We commit ourselves to serve with excellence to bring honor to Jesus Christ, our Lord. We battle mediocrity and push toward greatness no matter the obstacle.
- Pursue Collaboration: We partner with others to advance the mission, vision, and strategy. We practice trust and offer grace generously with a heart to serve and not to be served.
There is no room for division, politics, or selfishness! We operate out of the example Christ left for us. You'll belong!
- We believe that there is one God eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God and is our final authority in all matters.
- We believe that every person is uniquely created by God to have fellowship with Him and to glorify His name; but because of sin, we are kept from having a relationship with Him. God, however, loved us so much that He took human form in Jesus Christ and was born to live a sinless life, died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins and rose from the dead so that we are able to experience “rebirth” by believing in His name.
- We believe that forgiveness of sin and the promise of eternal life are available to everyone who repents of their sin and confesses their faith and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. This is the gracious gift of God and cannot be earned through human effort. We believe that the Holy Spirit draws people to Christ for salvation, enables them to grow in Christian character and service to others, and to fill each believer with spiritual gifts for self-edification and for the blessing of the congregation.
An expanded statement of faith is available upon request.
Levittown Church of God has been serving our community for over 50 years! Our folks live and work in the community in various areas. Pastor Robert Varner obeyed God’s call and started the work of reaching the community with the good news of Jesus! Our passion has been and always will be to be a group of people who will “Love Jesus, and Serve His World.” We are affiliated with the Church of God denomination (Cleveland, TN).
The Pastor's Council
To provide support and guidance for the health and active function of the church body, we are grateful to have this group of dedicated team members, elected by the church body, who co-labor with the pastor with a heart to love Jesus and serve His world!
- Marlon Cima
- Ronald Corey
- Ed Fischer
- Bob Griffiths
- Cris Karl
- Lorraine Michaels
- Pat Witman